Monday, May 1, 2017

Hello Again


Well, it has been a very long time since I posted anything.  I lot has happened in my life ... moved from Virginia to Texas, bought a new house, and changed jobs.  However, I'm ready to post a few things again.
My new home does not have much room for gaming, so I have downsized to a 3 by 4 gaming table. This is great for skirmish games.  I recently discovered the rules by Daniel Mersey.  He has done Lion Rampant, Dragon Rampant, and The Men Who Would Be Kings, plus others.  I have been playing games with his The Pikemen's Lament (TPL). These are a set of pike and shot rules for skirmish gaming. 


I had a lot of English Civil War miniatures on the shelf gathering dust.  I had painted up a few units, but I realized that I would never have enough figures to play a mass combat game like Warlord's Pike and Shotte.  Fortunately, TPL being a skirmish game, only takes a few figures.  You build you force using a point system, so you have lots of choices.  A typical army will have five or six units, with each unit have six or twelve figures.

Here is a unit of dragoons.  The figures are from the Perry range of 28mm figures with the exception of the dismounted horse, which is from Empress.



No comments:

Post a Comment